About Adult and Family Education
Adult and Family Education has been providing Adult Basic Education, Adult Secondary Education (GED prep, etc.), English as a Second Language classes, and Family Literacy courses in high needs communities through El Paso County since 1964. We serve students ages 17 and up in our adult classes. At some sites, there are programs for children starting at six weeks of age. Some classes are free and some are fee-based.
We are currently offering programming at the following locations:
- Roy J. Wasson Academic Campus
- Ecumenical Social Ministries
- Urban Peak
- Criminal Justice Center
- Palmer GED Testing Center
- First Presbyterian Church
It is OUR GOAL to provide quality educational experiences that offer motivated adults the opportunity to improve their basic skills, obtain a GED, or improve their English language skills in order to help them achieve success as parents, citizens, and workers.
After completion of our program, we work to help students enroll in community colleges, improve their employment, or enter into other vocational/technical programs to continue their education.
Many of our students report they have been able to get better jobs, promotions, certificates, and degrees after graduating from their Adult and Family Education classes.
What We Believe
Vision: A respectful, cooperative community of learners committed to achieving common educational goals through collaboration and use of educational best practices.
Mission: Adult and Family Education provides quality educational experiences that equip all students for success as parents, citizens and workers.
1. Demonstrate student achievement by meeting or exceeding the National Reporting System goals for each adult functioning level.
2. Offer and create programming that meets our learner's needs.
3. Demonstrate operational efficiencies.
4. Demonstrate a high performing team.
5. Communicate and engage frequently with stakeholders/students and community members.
6. Demonstrate fiscal prudence.
Create a HEAT ticket