The Adult and Family Education Literacy Center is designed to empower families by providing opportunities to increase adult literacy and improve parent's ability to support their children academically and developmentally, while focusing on the child's parent as the first and most important teacher.
Our center provides:
- Parent and Child time to support children and parents learning together.
- Family engagement to engage families in all aspects of their children's academic lives and to be advocates for better education.
- Opportunities for the adults to gain knowledge to continue and advance in the workforce.
- A certified childcare facility with highly qualified workers and a rating of 4 out of 5 from Colorado Shines.
- New families are offered the opportunity to participate in "Parents As Teachers", a nationally recognized program designed to increase parent knowledge of early childhood development, improve parenting practices, and increase children’s school readiness and success.
The Literacy Center is a place for parents and children to learn together, strengthen bonds and create families that are empowered to achieve their goals.
Adult & Family Education
Director Family Literacy