We offer official GED testing at our Pearson Vue Authorized Test Center located at the Roy J Wasson Academic Campus, 2115 Afton Way, 80909.
Testers must first check in at the front desk located in the foyer of the campus main entrance. The receptionist will check for valid identification (see below), issue a visitors pass, and direct you to the testing center located on the second floor in the Media Center. You will need a valid ID to enter the campus and will need to present it again at the testing center to be admitted.
Current AFE student testers can go directly to the testing center with their student badge. To be admitted to the testing center, you will be required to show valid identification (see below).
Primary forms of identification are non-expired Passports, Driver’s Licenses, Learner’s Permits, National, State, or Country Identification Cards, and any other national or international government-issued IDs, including Matriculas Consular.
Most jurisdictions and states accept government-issued IDs from other states as primary forms of ID.
Colorado GED Testing Requirements
- In Colorado, you must be at least 16 years old. When you are 16, however, extra restrictions apply. Check with a testing site in your area.
- There is no Colorado residency required.
- You don’t first need to attend a prep course first.
- You also don’t need to first take the GED Ready® test or another practice test, except when you sit for the GED test in an online format.
- You cannot already have a secondary education degree and not be engaged in another school program.
The testing center is open September - May
with limited summer hours June - August
Tuesdays 3:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Wednesdays 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Thursdays 12:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
If District 11 is closed due to inclement weather, emergency, or holidays, the testing center will be closed as well.
In the event of closure, you will need to reschedule your test at GED.com and not with the testing center proctor.
To Schedule a Test:
1. Create an account at ged.com
2. Click the “Schedule Test” oval button at the top center of the account page.
3. Follow the prompts and select “Colorado Springs School District 11” as your testing center.